OBJECTIVES OF THE CENTRE
1. Collect and collate data, to conduct studies,to co-ordinate,
promote and guide research,planning and developmental activities on land use and
environment managed by, utilizing optimally,
the various available techniques.
2. To co-ordinate the work relating to use and development
of land and its resources ,undertaken by the various Govermental and non-Governmental
organizations (NGOs), to provide advice
to the user agencies and to disseminate all available information on land, its resources
3. To provide training facilities and to organize seminars,
lectures and symposia with a view to create awareness of the application of Remote
Sensing Technology and to encourage research
4. To co-operate and collaborate with other State, National
and International level institutions in the fields of Remote Sensing techniques and
applications to undertake inventory,evaluation
and monitoring of the natural resources of Kerala and the neighbouring states.
FUNCTIONING OF THE CENTRE
To achieve the objectives, the Centre will :
1. Build-up a firm database on natural resources and other
related information for local and regional level by utilizing the existing data
as well as by other new technological
2. Conduct trainning courses to officers and staff of Goverment
departments and other agencies in the application of new techniques in the field
and environment management.
3. Establish and maintain a library of books,periodicals
and other documents relating to subjects of interest to the functioning of the centre.
4. Establish a computer based data storage, processing and
retrieval system in collaboration with the National Informatics System to meet the
data requirements for the planning and
decision making agencies.
5. Other acts and deeds included to the objectives-All other
acts and deeds as are conductive or incidential to the achievement of all or any
objectives for which the centre